Shop by Category
Buy Music Equipment
Downloads, Drivers & Support
Roland MV 8800
Format Name: MV 8800
To order Roland MV 8800 sounds, choose the 'MV 8000' option under 'Format' and the 'Shipping' CD-ROM ($2) or Download Option (instant download) when checking out.
MPC 2000 and MPC 2000xl sounds import perfectly into the MV 8800 and make expanding your MV8800 sounds simple. Get more information about how to import MPC sounds into the Roland MV 8800 & MV 8000.
When using the download option, MV 8000 sounds will not play on the computer. You must first convert the snd files to wav files in the MV 8800 before able to play back on a computer.
Get Roland MV 8800 Sounds and
import them into your MV 8800
Since 2003, Roland's MV-8000 has been a coveted centerpiece for many of the world's greatest hip-hop and R&B producers. With its powerful hands-on features, and its ability to incorporate a VGA monitor and mouse, it brought the best of the hardware- and software-based production worlds together. Today Roland sets a new standard in music production power and flexibility with the MV-8800.
Synthesis, Sampling, Recording, Mixing, Mastering
The MV-8800 is a fully equipped sampler and synthesizer with parameters that can be edited and automated with the assignable sliders and/or with a VGA monitor and mouse (VGA monitor optional, mouse included). It's also an advanced multitrack recorder equipped with an automated 24-channel stereo mixer and mega effects processor. Mastering tools are provided as well, including a parametric mastering EQ, enhancer, expander, multiband compressor, mastering limiter and soft-clip algorithm with output dithering.
Sound Library Onboard
Create your own sounds or load up to 128 instruments or drum kits at once from the MV-formatted sound library that's preinstalled on the hard drive. Newly created drum kits are provided, including a special collection of 16 vintage drum machines such as the legendary Roland TR-808 and TR-909. Acoustic and electric pianos, strings, guitars, horns, synth basses and other essential instruments are also included.
Amazing Pitch & Time Control
Load hundreds of loops, hits, or vocal phrases at once, all with realtime BPM matching. Just tap the tempo, and all the samples lock to your new tempo! You can match the pitches of melodic phrases just as easily. Create loop-based tracks on the fly, all locked together in perfect pitch and time sync.
Vintage & Modern Effects
An incredible lineup of modern and vintage effects is built into the MV-8800, including models of classic Roland SRV reverbs, SDD-320 Chorus, SBF-325 Flanger, Boss BF-2 and HF-2 pedals, and the legendary RE-201 Space Echo. The MV-8800's multi-effects processor includes an Analog Modeling Bass that turns the MFX engine into a virtual SH-style bass synthesizer. All MFX knob tweaks can be automated as you mix.
Roland MV-8800 Production Studio Features:
- Complete production solution, from beat creation and multitrack recording to mixing, mastering and CD burning
- Tight integration of drum machine-style pattern recording and DAW-style linear recording
- Realtime control of audio pitch and time, groove quantize, and pattern/song arrangements-great for both studio and stage
- World-class sound library preinstalled on the internal hard drive Legendary Roland instrument and effects simulations onboard, including TR-808, TR-909, SRV reverb, SDD-320 Chorus, 325 Flanger, Boss BF-2 and HF-2, and RE-201 Space Echo
- Color LCD with icon-oriented interface
- Built-in VGA port and optical mouse for DAW-style sound editing with optional VGA monitor
Roland MV-8800 Production Studio Specifications:
- Sampler Section
- Audio Data Format: 16-bit linear
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz (fixed) Maximum Polyphony 64 voices
- Parts: 16 (Instruments) + 9 (Audio Tracks) + 1 (Audio Phrases)
- Wave Memory (RAM) DIMM: 1 slot (168 pins, PC100 CL = 2 or PC133 CL = 3, 3.3 V, 128 M bytes, 256 M bytes, 512 M bytes), 128 M bytes (standard), Expandable up to 512 M bytes (replacement to 512 M bytes DIMM is required.)
- Maximum Sampling Time: with 128 M bytes DIMM (standard), mono: 24 min. approx. (stereo: 12 min. approx.) - with 512 M bytes DIMM (expanded), mono: 100 min. approx. (stereo: 50 min. approx.)
- Effects Multi-effects (MFX): 1 (25 types), Reverb: 1 (2 types), Chorus: 1 (4 types), Mastering Tool Kit: 1 (only in the Mastering Mode)
- Tracks: Song MIDI tracks (1 MIDI channel per track): 128, Audio tracks: 8, Pattern track: 1, Tempo track: 1, Mute Control Track: 1, Pattern: MIDI tracks (1 MIDI channel per track): 64, Audio track: 1, Mute Control Track: 1
- Resolution: 480 TPQN
- Tempo: 5 to 300
- Note Capacity: approx. 150,000 notes
- Song Length: 9,999 measures
- Recording Method: Event recording (Realtime/Step), Audio recording
- Project Songs: 16, Patterns: 500, Patches: 16 (per Song), Partials: 96 (16 pads x 6 banks per Patch), Samples: 9,999, Audio Phrases: 512 (16 pads x 32 banks), Patch Libraries: 128, MIDI Clips: 100, Multi-effects (MFX) Libraries: 144 (Preset: 44, User: 100), Chorus Libraries: 52 (Preset: 2, User: 50), Reverb Libraries: 54 (Preset: 4, User: 50), Mastering Tool Kit Libraries: 76 (Preset: 26, User: 50), Still Images (Photos) for Pix Jam Function: 16
- Signal Processing: AD Conversion: 24 bits, 64 times oversampling, DA Conversion: 24 bits, 128 times oversampling
- Frequency Response: MIC/Line Inputs: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- Nominal Input Level MIC/Line Inputs: -50 to +14 dBu (maximum +26 dBu: balanced, maximum +20 dBu: unbalanced), Phono Inputs: -87 to -27 dBu Input Impedance MIC/Line Inputs: 40 k, Phono Inputs: 50 k
- Nominal Output Level: +4 dBu (balanced)
- Output Impedance: 600
- Recommended Load Impedance: Master Outputs: 10 k or greater, Headphones: 8 to 600
- Residual Noise Level -86 dBu or less (SENS: LINE, Phono Input Jacks: short-circuited, IHF-A Typ.)
- Display: Graphic 320 x 240 dots backlit LCD (Color)
- Pads: 16 Pads, Velocity and Aftertouch sensitive
- Controllers Effects Control Knobs: C1 to C3, Mixer Sliders: 1 to 8 n Hard Disk Drive 2.5 inches, 40 G bytes
- CD-R/RW Drive: Built-in type CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW
- Connectors: Phono Input Jacks: L, R (RCA phono type), MIC/Line Input Jacks: L, R (1/4 inch TRS phone type), Master Output Jacks: L, R (1/4 inch TRS phone type), Headphone Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, Digital Out Connector: A Coaxial type, Digital Out Connector: B Optical type, MIDI Connectors: IN, OUT A, OUT B, USB Connector: supports file transfer (mass storage class), VGA Out Connector: HD DB-15 type, PS/2 Mouse Connector: 6-pin mini DIN type, Foot Switch Jack: 1/4 inch phone type, AC Inlet
- Power Supply AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption 35 W
- Dimensions: 480 (W) x 482 (D) x 136 (H) mm/ 18-15/16 (W) x 19 (D) x 5-3/8 (H) inches
- Weight: 9.0 kg / 19 lbs 14 oz
- Operating Temperature: 41 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit, (5 to 40 degrees centigrade)
- Options Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U, Pedal Switch: DP-2
The specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Actual product appearance may be subject to change.
Roland MV-8800 Production Studio Includes:
- Owner's Manual, Screen Guide, Appendices, Booklet "Content Discs," Content Discs (CD-ROM), Mouse (PS/2), Mouse Pad, Power Cord, Short Pin
How can we help you?
Your basket is empty.
0Items in cart:
Free Samples & Specials
Mixing & Mastering Service
Music Production School
Learn how to unlock plugins, compression, music production, mixing, mastering, starting your music business & more..
Music Production School
Interest Free Payments
Apply for Financial Aid
Free Training Consultation