1.) Download Option & Unzipping Instructions top
After downloading the zip files, unzip each 'disk' file.
If you're unsure how to unzip the files. First make
sure you have winzip installed. If not, download
and install the evaluation version provided. Once
installed, right click the file you want to unzip
(trstr1_d1.zip for example) and choose the option
'extract to folder trstr1_d1.zip'. When it is
finished unzipping, select all the contents of the
'trstr1_d1' folder (CTRL-A to select all), right
click the selections, then choose the 'send to'
menu and select the floppy drive. 2.) Loading Triton Classic Sounds top 1. Download the zip file to your hard drive.
2. Using you zip utility, i.e. winzip. Open the file so you can see all your sample files individually.
3. Open another window that contains your 3.5 disk icon.
4. Using the drag/drop method, transfer the files from winzip to the 3.5 disk window. Note: transfer the KMP file/files first so that they are the first files on your new 3.5 disk.
5. Drag the files one by one because you don’t know how much space you have left on the first disk, and you don’t want incomplete files.
6. When they are all copied, put the first disk in and hit the Disk button on the Triton.
7. Select the KMP file first!! Hit the Load button, and all the samples will load automatically if you are using the 2.5 Operating System.
8. When all the samples for that disk have been loaded, you will hear the drive stop spinning. Then, and only then, insert the next disk and wait for the next group of samples to show on the screen. When they show, select the next numbered sample and hit load. The rest will follow in succession.
9. After loading hit the Sample button. Then hit the value button till you see the name of your kit that you just downloaded.
10. In the dropdown menu button in the top right hand corner of the screen, hit it and you will see “convert ms to program”. Hit it, and it will ask you where you want your new kit to be stored.
11. Once you assign a place for it, you can use it in your programs and sequences. Just remember that when you turn the Triton off, you have to reload the samples again to hear them!
3.) Loading Triton LE Sounds top (Sampler Option must be installed)
After downloading the selected zip file(s), unzip each file and then copy the files to a Smartmedia disk.
Make sure to transfer the contents in order. (I.E. trstr1_d1.zip is disk 1....trstr1_d2.zip is disk 2) If you transfer them all at once, they may swap positions within the LE browser, and you will have to refer to the original zip file in order to determine which folder you are working with.
1) insert Smartmedia into the triton LE, and navigate to media.
2) open trstr1~1 and load string1.ksc
3) when prompted with "where is MS003011.ksf no.2" press "up" and navigate back to the main menu, then open the next folder (trstr1~2) and press select.
4) when prompted with "where is MS003006.ksf no.2" press "up" and navigate back to the main menu, then open the next folder (trstr1~3) and press select.
5) Proceed to the final folder and load the PCG file.
*note* all multisamples and pcg files will have to be reloaded into the LE when the power is turned off.
Depending on the amount of memory in you LE, there may be a limit on the amount of samples you may load.
you can load individual kits by loading the coresponding .KMP file associated with the sounds you wish to load (I.E. If you want to load only the Marcado 1....then navigate through your folders and find MARCA001.kmp and load that file) This way you can mix and match individual .kmp files by loading them seperately and then saving them into one .Ksc file.
4.) Loading Triton Extreme Sounds top 1) Press the 'Media' Button & Select the 'Load' Tab
2) Open the folder of Gotchanoddin sounds and choose the 'CD_Zip' Folder (if available) & choose the xxx.kmp file.
3) Select 'Load'>'Load Selected'
4) Press the 'Sampling' Button, Make sure the new xxx.kmp named file is selected in the 'MS' tab, choose the 'Recording Tab', Choose the 'Convert MS to Program' Option & choose a unused program patch in the E bank & Press Ok.
5) Press the 'Sequencer' button and Select the Patch in Bank E where the file was saved.
5.) Loading Dirty South Sounds - Vol.1 top LOADING FROM SCSI ZIP or CD
NOTE* Please save your current Triton Set-UP before
loading the Dirty South Kit! This is done by
performing a “Save All” function.
1) Insert the GN “Dirty south kit” CD or Zip
into your drive.
2) Hit the DISK button on your Triton.
3) Touch the arrow button on the bottom left side of
your touch screen to pull up the Triton’s SCSI CD or Zip drive.
4) Select the “DSKIT1.PCG” file and choose “load selected”
from the load menu.
5) After that file completes, select the “DSKIT1.KSC” file
and choose “load selected" from the load menu.
6) Your producer kit is now loaded and ready to go! Now
load the “DEMO.SNG” File to hear the “Dirty South Kit” in action.
NOTE: The “DSKIT.KSC” file has to be reloaded each time
you shut off your Triton. It is not necessary to RELOAD
the “DSKIT1.PCG” file in step 4.
LOADING FROM FLOPPY DISKS
NOTE* Please save your current Triton Set-UP before loading the
Dirty South Kit! This is done by performing a “Save All” function.
1) Insert the GN “Dirty South Kit” disk #1 into your floppy drive.
2) Hit the DISK button on your Triton.
3) Select the “DSKIT1.PCG” file and choose “load selected” from the load menu.
4) Press OK and wait for the file to complete before inserting next disk.
5) Insert disk #2 and select the “DSKIT1.KSC” file.
6) Choose “load selected” form the load menu, and press OK.
7) When prompted “where is the MS00000*** file” insert the next
disk and press “Select” on the Touch Screen.
8) Repeat step 7 up to disk #6.
9) Your producer kit is now loaded and ready to go! Now load
the “DEMO.SNG” File on disk#1 to here the “Dirty South Kit” in action.
NOTE: The “DSKIT.KSC” file on disk #”s 2 through 6 have to be reloaded
each time you shut off your Triton. It is not necessary to RELOAD
the “DSKIT1.PCG” file on disk #1
6.) Loading the String Instrument Collection top
1) Insert disk 1 into Triton and press the "Disk"
button on your Triton.
2) Go to the "Load" tab in the disk screen and
Select the "String1.KSF" file.
3) Touch top right button on the Triton screen and
choose the "Load Selected" option.
4) When prompted "Where is a MS000000.KSF No.2"
insert disk 2
5) When promted "Where is MS000000.KSF No.3" insert
6) After disk 3 completes insert disk 4 and load
the "String1.PCG" file with the "Load Selected" option.
7) Now go to USER BANK-E to play your new sounds.
NOTE** Disk 4 of the string collection only has to
be loaded once. Disks 1 through 3 have to be reloaded
each time the Triton is turned off.
7.) Loading .PCG Preset Collections top Insert your PRESET COLLECTION Disk and hit “LOAD
SELECTED” on your load tab. The sounds will
automatically load to the Tritons E-bank.
NOTE** whatever sounds that are currently in your
Triton's Sample-E bank will be replaced by the
PRESET COLLECTIONS's voices.
8.) Tips & Factstop
*Once you turn off your Triton, Multi-Sample Drum
Kits and Sound Collections must be reloaded. This
doesn’t apply to PRESET COLLECTIONS)
**Make sure that you load Multi-Sample Drum Kits
and Sound Collections in the same space every
time you load it - This is to prevent future
headaches when using the kits in your sequences.